Hemorrhoids are blood vessels that are located in the smooth muscles in the anal or rectum walls. The exact location of hemorrhoids is at the junction of small arteries and veins. When hemorrhoids swell up, they become painful, itchy and may cause bleeding. They can be extremely painful and cause a lot of discomforts while passing stools.
Hemorrhoids can either be internal or external. Internal hemorrhoids develop within the rectum or anus, while external hemorrhoids develop outside of the anus or rectum. When pressure builds up in the small vessels that make up the hemorrhoids they swell up and engorge with blood. This buildup of pressure may be due to a number of reasons like diarrhea, obesity, colon cancer, constipation, or pregnancy. Hemorrhoid relief creams are the most commonly followed treatment method for relief from pain and itching due to hemorrhoids.
Symptoms of hemorrhoids
The symptoms of hemorrhoids vary with the severity of the condition. Common symptoms of hemorrhoids are as follows:
- Painless bleeding
- Severe pain
- Swelling or inflammation
- Feeling a lump at the anal opening
- Difficulty in passing stools
Treatment for hemorrhoids
Treatment options for hemorrhoids depend on the severity of the condition. Internal hemorrhoids are classified into 4 grades based on the extent of prolapse below the pectinate line into the anus. There are a number of medical and natural treatment methods for hemorrhoids based on the grade of hemorrhoid.
Grade I hemorrhoids can be treated with over-the-counter medications, warm Sitz baths, and by consuming less spicy food.
Stool-softening medicines enable easy passage of stools by increasing the water and fat content of the stool.
Hemorrhoid treatment creams are effective in reducing the inflammation or swelling at the anal opening. Over-the-counter suppositories are also available for reducing the inflammation at the anus.
The severe form of hemorrhoids or Grade 4 hemorrhoids that do not clear with above remedies may require surgical treatment.
More importantly, the prevention of hemorrhoids is much more effective than treating them. Even those undergoing treatment for hemorrhoids must ensure further occurrences by following certain preventive measures. Consuming a fiber-rich diet and drinking plenty of water are the most important preventive measures against hemorrhoids. Apart from these two measures, avoiding excessive spice and salt in food is also a good way to prevent hemorrhoids.
Best hemorrhoid relief creams
Those affected with hemorrhoids require an immediate remedy for the swelling and itching due to hemorrhoids. For fast, easy, and long-standing results, hemorrhoid relief creams are the right choice. Choosing the best hemorrhoid relief creams is important to get relief from the symptoms. Here are some highly effective creams for hemorrhoids:
- Preparation H Hemorrhoidal Ointment: This cream is extremely effective in providing relief from pain, itching, discomfort, burning, and dryness due to hemorrhoids. This is effective in relieving external and internal discomfort. Its rapid action shrinks swollen hemorrhoids and prevents further irritation.
- Tronolane Hemorrhoid Cream: This is another effective cure for hemorrhoids. It has a soothing effect and eliminates pain and itching due to hemorrhoids almost immediately. It also lubricates the area for maximum relief from pain. It is greaseless and does not stain garments.
- Recticare Pain Relief for hemorrhoids and other anorectal disorders: This cream provides relief from pain and itching. Discomfort due to hemorrhoids can be cured by using this cream.
- Doctor Butler’s Hemorrhoid and Fissure Ointment: The pain, itching, and swelling caused by hemorrhoids is reduced considerably by using this ointment.
- Mayinglong Musk Hemorrhoids Ointment: The dryness, itching, and discomfort due to swollen hemorrhoids are treated by application of this ointment.
- Anusol Hemorrhoids Treatment: This cream can be used by all age groups. It is extremely easy to use and provides relief from itching and soreness due to swollen hemorrhoids. The anesthetic component in this cream provides immediate pain relief and is recommended by doctors and pharmacists for long-lasting pain relief.
- Naticura Inc Alleviate Hemorrhoid Treatment: This is a fast relief cream that is made of 9 natural ingredients. This cream provides relief from chronic hemorrhoids.
- Equate Maximum Strength Pain Relief: The burning, itching, and discomfort caused by hemorrhoids is reduced by using this cream.
- Americaine Maximum Strength Hemorrhoidal Ointment: This ointment provides effective relief from pain and itching due to swollen hemorrhoids.
- Homotreat Hemorrhoid Treatment Ointment: This ointment treats multiple symptoms of hemorrhoids like burning, itching, dryness, and pain. Regular use prevents further occurrences of hemorrhoids. It stops swelling and any deformities due to hemorrhoids.
There are plenty of hemorrhoid relief creams available these days. Depending on the type of hemorrhoid, the choice of hemorrhoid relief creams can be made. Prevention of hemorrhoids is the ideal treatment. A natural way to avoid hemorrhoids is consuming a fiber-rich diet and drinking plenty of water.