The pollution levels in most urban spaces are rising at an unhealthy level and this, while undoubtedly affecting your health, also leads to hair loss. Other factors that affect it are stress, usage of too many hair products that have chemicals, and bad maintenance. One major consequence of an unhealthy environment is hair loss.
What is hair loss?
On an average, a human being sheds around 100 strands of hair in a day. If there seems to be more loss or the following signs, it is a call for concern.
Signs of hair loss
- Scalp and crown that has thinning hair (usually seen in men)
- A hairline that is receding quickly
- A pattern on the head that is located near the crown. It is usually of a horseshoe shape.
- Although in circumstances where hair loss is sudden and severe, you are advised to see a doctor.
There are several treatments one could pick to combat this problem. But a lot of treatments can be very time-consuming. One of the easiest ways you could treat your hair is by incorporating the remedy into your existing hair care routine with a shampoo for hair loss.
Here’s a way you could broadly pick out what is best for you. This will help you pick the best products for your hair care:
- First, analyze your hair’s condition and texture.
- Find a product which will be suitable for your hair type.
- Finally, change the brand you are using once in every few months.
- Shampoos are made up of ingredients which clean out the dirt, pollutants such as smoke particles and even its natural oils (sebum).
- Any general hair loss shampoo available in the market does just about that, although you should be careful with some low priced brands since the shampoo might be harsh and strip the hair of its vital lipid layer.
It is advisable to follow these tips for healthy and luscious hair.
- Apply the shampoo for hair loss only to your scalp so that it does not damage your hair.
- Unless you frequently have oily hair (within the span of a day), it is recommended that you don’t wash your hair every day.
- Volumizing shampoos do work but temporarily. They often don’t condition well. This may result in your hair looking dull.
- While one might be drawn toward glossing shampoos that can temporarily make the hair shine and feel silky, this may not be a viable option in the long run. Regular hair care treatment is the best way to go about maintaining your hair.
- Hot blow drying damages your hair. Always blow-dry on a warm or cool setting.
- Using a hairbrush which is made from natural fibers is an investment worth making in the long run.
While you cannot reverse the hair loss that has already happened, there are ways in which you can prevent it from getting worse. Here are a few tips that can help you maintain your hair.
- Stay natural
Using excessive hair products like hair color, dyes or other external chemicals can lead to further damage. It is best to let your hair color and texture stay as it is and maintain it to the best of your ability.
- Choose the right hair loss shampoo
This is crucial for maintaining your hair and preventing hair fall. You need to find products that are suitable for your hair and then opt for those. It is best to use ones that do not have too many chemicals in them. You can even consult an expert on the right kind of hair products for you.
- Brush your hair
Brushing your hair on a regular basis is all the treatment you will need to keep it in good shape. Use the right brush and stroke your hair from stem to tip at least thrice a day. This is bound to help reduce the hair fall as well.
How to care for thinning hair
Caring for thinning hair with the right products can be a daunting task when you might not even know what your hair needs. Here are a few ingredients that your hair loss shampoo must have to ensure you don’t have as much hair loss. You can use this information and stay prepared when you head out to buy a good shampoo for hair loss.
This is a natural oil which will help keep the moisture in the hair and make it a lot softer. This gives the hair moisture and prevents it from getting too greasy at the same time.
This is an ingredient that is water soluble and also effectively moisturizes the hair like glycerine. It coats the strands with a thin film that makes your hair appear shinier and fuller. It is also great for damage control. Those who have unhealthy or dry hair must look for products with silicone.
Red palm oil
This is an oil that is rich in vitamin E that aids in the growth of hair cells and the rejuvenation of damaged hair. It also helps improve the circulation in the scalp. This, in turn, can improve the growth of healthy and strong hair.
Other ingredients that can improve hair growth are Camu Camu (vitamin C that reduces irritation and inflammation in the scalp) and Keratin (a protein that is required to keep the structural integrity of the hair).
The right hair loss shampoo will have more than one of the above-mentioned ingredients. You can now be the judge of the right shampoo for your hair to prevent hair fall.